Friday, April 11, 2008

Songs From the Bank. . . .The Blood Bank!

So it's been over a week since my John Adams freak out and though I'm still not completely calm, I'll give you an update on what's been happening. Since my last post I've been working on something major that will most likely take up a lot of time here on this site. I'm still perfecting it, but it looks like I'll be satisfied and post it next week. I'm not going to tell you what it is yet, but I am going to need your help with it once I put it up. It's interactive and something I've never done before. So get ready for all of that.

Aside from that, I should let you know that a question that I submitted to a pop culture trivia contest on Hey! Neilsen. So, why don't you go over there and take it because if you win you can get a bunch of awesome gadgets and stuff. I think my question is somewhere in the middle. It's the one about The Office (UK) trivia contest in an episode from the first season. Yes, I realize that I submitted a question about a trivia contest for a trivia contest, and yes, I also realize that I am awesome. Also, you'll notice that a bunch of actual real sites that update regularly and are legit put up questions for this quiz. Does this mean that maybe BN/IN is about to blowup and hit it huge-time? Probably not, but still it's nice to be grouped in with IMDB and TV Squad amongst others. Now I know Queen Latifah must've felt like when she was nominated for an Oscar in 2002.



Finally, to hold you over for next week, I present to you the video for the song "Girl, It's Alright," by the one and only Steven Seagal. I don't know if this video was ever an internet sensation, but I saw it for the first time today and I have to admit that it's really not that terrible. Smell that guitar!


Apparently, Seagal has now released TWO full length albums, and not in the late '80s or early '90s when when some humans actually considered him relevant. His first album, Songs from the Crystal City (which I think inspired the title for the new Indiana Jones disaster), was released in 2005. 2005? He was exclusively a straight to DVD guy by then. I guess Seagal wanted to focus on his music, because in 2006, his second album dropped, the awesomely titled Mojo Priest which featured such classic songs like "Love Doctor," "Alligator Ass," and "Talk to My Ass." Nothing beats a good concept album.



***UPDATE!***

The Mojo Priest promo video!

No comments: