Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Tuesday! (2/26/08)

Happy Tuesday, everybody! Tuesday is a very important day in the world of entertainment because it is the day that new dvds and music are released. Every week I'll give you a short list of the select DVDs that you might want to consider purchasing. Every now and then I'll throw some CDs in here too, but as of now I'm more comfortable forcing my DVD beliefs on you than my music ones. So, here's the first of at least two lists of DVDs you might want to waste your money on, with very brief descriptions.

TVDs

Extras: Extra Special Series Finale - I'm not gonna say that it beats The Office Christmas Special, but it comes pretty close.



Buy it?: If you already have the first two DVD sets, then yes. If not, just get the complete series.

DVDs

Beowulf - If you like listening to a CGI Angelina Jolie doing her foreigner accent that she recycles every other movie then this one's for you.



Buy It?: If you do, don't tell me.

The Darjeeling Limited - If you like scenes in slow motion set to Kinks songs then this is right up your alley.



Buy it?: Wes Anderson (at least for me) equals an automatic buy. I liked this a lot more after I saw it for the first time. It's not his best but it definitely has the potential to be a "grower."

Goya's Ghosts: I'm not really sure but this may be a movie about a rapist monk.



Buy it?: Only if you're a fan of Natalie Portman's awkward European accents.

Video Games

Lost: Via Domus - There's no way that I won't be playing this on my PS3 this time tomorrow. It doesn't even need to be any good.



Buy it?: It's not canon, but it doesn't matter (at least not to me anyway).

No comments: